A mommy makeover allows women to achieve an enhanced level of aesthetic rejuvenation by combining popular body contouring procedures into one surgery. Life events like pregnancy, breast feeding, weight loss, and natural aging can alter a woman’s figure. Mommy makeover surgery utilizes a tummy tuck, liposuction, and a cosmetic breast procedure of the patient’s choice to help reshape and tighten the body contour to help achieve a more youthful appearance.
While the pre-surgery consultation is hugely important before any cosmetic procedure, it is especially so for a combined procedure like a mommy makeover. Due to the highly customizable nature of a mommy makeover, it’s important to have a thorough understanding of your surgery, the benefits it can provide, all your available procedure options, and more. That’s why I have provided this basic list of questions that any patient should bring up during their mommy makeover consultation.
- Are you board-certified as a plastic surgeon?
- How much experience do you have performing mommy makeover procedures?
- Do you have any mommy makeover before-and-after photos from patients you have worked with in the past?
- Is combining plastic surgery procedures the right approach for me?
- Does a mommy makeover always entail three cosmetic procedures?
- How much time will I need for recovery after my mommy makeover?
- How long before I notice results from my surgery?
- Are there any additional risks posed by undergoing a combination procedure like a mommy makeover?
- Will my mommy makeover require a hospital stay and, if so, at which hospitals do you have hospital privileges?
- How much post-surgery scarring should I expect?
- How should I prepare in the days and weeks leading up to my mommy makeover?
I understand that every woman will have her own unique aesthetic goals, questions, and concerns before her mommy makeover. Hopefully these questions can serve as a helpful starting point. It’s important for prospective mommy makeover patients to take their pre-surgery consultation seriously. That means taking the time to do your research and adjusting your expectations before your initial consultation appointment. If you would like to learn more about mommy makeover tuck surgery or to schedule a plastic surgery consultation, please contact me, Dr. Allyson B. Maske. And connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for additional tips, news, and more.