What Are Reasonable Expectations After Breast Augmentation?
Every patient wants the very best from their plastic surgery procedure. And speaking from our own personal experience, every plastic surgeon wants the best for every patient they perform a cosmetic procedure on. However, one thing that is crucial for plastic surgery patients is developing and maintaining reasonable expectations for their cosmetic surgery. It’s important to understand what a cosmetic procedure like breast augmentation can (and cannot) do in order not to ultimately be disappointed.
Breast augmentation is performed to help women improve their appearance by enhancing the size, volume, and shape of the breasts. Consistently among the most commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation is a safe and highly effective way for women to rejuvenate their breast contour and overall silhouette. But in order to get the most out of a breast augmentation procedure, women should know what breast augmentation outcomes they should and should not expect.
Breast Augmentation Can:
- Increase the size and volume of the breast
- Help restore the shape and size of the breasts following pregnancy, breastfeeding, or considerable weight fluctuation, as long as there is not an overabundance of loose, sagging skin
- Correct breast asymmetry
Breast Augmentation Cannot:
- Maintain optimal results forever, even if the results are often very long-lasting
- Take the place of breast reconstruction surgery for women who have undergone breast cancer surgery like a mastectomy or lumpectomy
- Cannot remove stretched, excess skin in the breast area, unless the procedure is combined with a breast lift
When performed by an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon like the experts here at Atlanta Plastic Surgery, breast augmentation can provide outstanding and lasting aesthetic results. For more information or to schedule your plastic surgery consultation today, please contact Atlanta Plastic Surgery at one of our Atlanta, Midtown, Cumming, or Canton area locations. Don’t forget to follow along with us on Facebook and Twitter for additional plastic surgery tips, news, photos, and much more.