Aesthetic and reconstructive surgeries of the breasts are among some of the most common plastic surgery procedures performed at Atlanta Plastic Surgery, in the city of Atlanta, Georgia and around the world. Breast Augmentation surgery, currently Atlanta’s most popular cosmetic surgery procedure and most popular in the United States, works to enhance the shape, size, and position of the breasts to help create a more proportional and aesthetically pleasing body shape.
Also available at Atlanta Plastic Surgery, Breast Reduction surgery, to reduce the size of the breasts for better proportion and comfort, and Breast Lift surgery, to heighten the position of the breasts, may be performed alone or in conjunction with another breast procedure depending on the needs and desired result of the patient.
Breast Reconstruction surgery is another type of plastic surgery in Atlanta that works to reconstruct or “build” the breasts to look more natural after a mastectomy (surgical removal of one or both breasts), common in the treatment of breast cancer. Breast Revision surgery is also available for cosmetic or reconstructive breast surgery patients if they are unhappy with the results from their initial surgery.
Atlanta Plastic Surgery surgeons individually consult with each breast surgery patient to arrive at a desired appearance and/or to meet specific needs while maintaining competitive cosmetic breast surgery pricing. Using a computerized aesthetic imaging system, the patient and the Surgeon can evaluate potential surgical results together, viewing a computerized video image to reach decisions more confidently.
Click on a procedure listed below and browse our before and after galleries to learn more. Contact our offices today to inquire about current pricing for breast procedures.
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift / Mastopexy
- Breast Reconstruction
- TRAM/ Free TRAM Breast Reconstruction
- TRAM / DIEP Flap FAQs
- Breast Reduction
- Male Breast Reduction (Gynecomastia)
- Mommy Makeover
- Breast Surgery Complications
- Breast Revision
- Breast Implant Removal
- Breast Surgery Symposium
- What are the differences in silicone and saline implants, and how do I decide which is more suitable for me?
- Silicone implants are filled with silicone gel, which is thick gel similar in consistency to human fat. Saline implants are made with a silicone outer shell which is filled with saline. Both types of breast implants are safe and FDA approved. Our plastic surgeons will be glad to further discuss the differences and help you decide which is best for your desired look during a consultation.
- Will my breasts look realistic after breast reconstruction?
- We understand the struggle women go through during breast cancer treatment and work tirelessly to restore a natural look to their breast(s). Our surgeons employ a variety of incision types and surgical flap methods to insert breast implants or a patient’s own tissue to rebuild the breast. Atlanta Plastic Surgery’s reconstructive surgeons combine their individual expertise with emerging procedures shared at the annual Breast Surgery Symposium to provide exemplary results and care.
- It is safe to breastfeed after a breast augmentation and/or breast lift. However, you may face difficulty depending on the type of surgery you’ve had. Be sure to communicate to your surgeon before any breast procedure if you’re planning on having children and/or breast feeding as these can alter your surgical results. While breastfeeding is possible after breast augmentation and breast reduction, it’s extremely unlikely to be able to breastfeed after breast reconstruction.
- Am I a good candidate for mommy makeover surgery, and if so, what does a typical mommy makeover entail?
- A good candidate for mommy makeover surgery is someone who is unhappy with the way their body looks after pregnancy or breastfeeding that does not plan on having more children. A typical procedure includes a tummy tuck or liposuction, and depending on size of breasts after pregnancy, breast reduction, breast lift, or breast enhancement.
- How long will it take to recover from a mommy makeover surgery?
- You will need someone to care for you for the first 24 hours as anesthesia wears off. Within 5 days, you will return to your plastic surgeon for a follow up. Mommy makeover patients should not jog, play contact sports, or lift heavy objects for 6 weeks following surgery to minimize swelling and allow for proper healing.
- How much does breast augmentation cost?
- Despite what most people think, breast augmentation has become much more economical in the past couple of years. Contact our office and schedule a consultation for more information on breast augmentation cost.
Visit our contact page for details on how to reach us for further information or to schedule a consultation.