As with most industries in the cosmetic field, plastic surgery has been traditionally associated with women; but the rise in the number of males opting for plastic surgery procedures continues to rise year after year, making it an increasingly popular option for men all over the country and the world.
Most every cosmetic surgery procedure available to women is also offered for men; but the board certified plastic surgeons at Atlanta Plastic Surgery, P.C. know that a male’s body and face shape is inherently different than a women’s. Certain surgical techniques are used to tailor individualized treatment plans, specific to each man’s anatomy and desired results.
At Atlanta Plastic Surgery, our board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeons offer a wide array of male plastic surgery services. For the face, male facelift surgery, male rhinoplasty, male eyelid surgery, male forehead lift, facial implants and cosmetic injectables like Botox®, Dysport® or facial fillers may be recommended to give the men a more youthful or masculine facial anatomy. For the body, male tummy tuck surgery, male liposuction, or male breast reduction, to correct gynecomastia, can give the body a slimmer and more attractive contour.
We invite you to explore all of our individual male procedure pages and browse or before and after galleries to learn more about the plastic surgery procedures available for men at Atlanta Plastic Surgery. Contact us today to inquire about current male cosmetic procedure pricing.
Male Plastic Surgery
- Male Breast Reduction – Gynecomastia
- Male Rhinoplasty
- Male Eyelid Surgery
- Male Facelift
- Male Liposuction
- Male Tummy Tuck
- Male Forehead Lift
- How does male plastic surgery differ from female plastic surgery?
- Because the male and female body are so anatomically different, male plastic surgery procedures naturally require different things than female plastic surgery procedures. The surgeons at Atlanta Plastic Surgery determine a specific plan based on each individual’s anatomy, medical history, and desired plastic surgery results.
- What is the cause of “man boobs,” and how do I get rid of them?
- Gynecomastia, or excess breast tissue in males, can be linked to heredity, hormone imbalance, or weight gain. Many men struggle with the embarrassment of “man boobs,” but they can be reduced through a fairly simple cosmetic procedure. Male breast reduction removes excess fat and glandular tissue using liposuction and surgical excision. Then, the remaining tissue is lifted and tightened into a more masculine chest contour. Nipple revision surgery is also an option for men seeking breast reduction who are uncomfortable with the size of their nipples.
- Can a rhinoplasty procedure improve breathing?
- Male rhinoplasty (nose surgery) is performed for reconstructive and/or aesthetic purposes. The ultimate goal in any rhinoplasty procedure, performed on a male or a female, is to improve appearance while also improving/ maintaining optimal function.
- What is male blepharoplasty?
- Blepharoplasty is an aesthetic, facial cosmetic surgery used to lift the eyelids (lower or upper). Male blepharoplasty usually consists of a lower eyelid lift because, in some cases, an upper eyelid lift can make men look feminine. In a male eyelid surgery, excess fat and skin are surgically removed, and tissues and muscles around the eyelids are tightened.
- What are the options for male facelifts, and how do I know which type I need?
- There are multiple options for men seeking a facelift. A facelift can include a full lift, or a partial (lower, middle, or upper) lift. The best-suited lift depends on the desired look of each individual. If you are looking for subtle results and wish to focus on specific areas, a partial lift may be best. For instance, if you have excess fat around your neck and jowls, a lower facelift may suit you best. Since this question is specific to individual needs, scheduling a consultation with one of our surgeons will help you determine which male facelift procedure will be best for your desired appearance.
- How can I remove excess fat without developing a feminine-looking body?
- Men are often wary of plastic surgery because they do not want to lose their masculinity. At Atlanta Plastic Surgery, we understand the differences in male and female anatomy, and can remove excess fat through liposuction procedures on males without compromising their masculine physique.
- After massive weight loss, how does a man get rid of excess, hanging skin?
- Excess skin is a dilemma that many men and women who have lost significant amounts of weight face. It is frustrating to go through massive weight loss and then still be self-conscious about surplus skin. A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is usually associated with women who have mommy makeover procedures, but men can also benefit from tummy tucks. A mini-tummy tuck may also be useful for men who are unhappy with excess skin and fat, but do not have enough loose skin for a full tummy tuck.
- Is there a difference in a male forehead lift and an upper facelift?
- A male forehead lift and upper facelift (browlift) are extremely similar; the forehead lift focuses mainly on forehead wrinkles, while the upper facelift addresses the forehead, eyebrows, and eyes. Our surgeons make incisions within the hair line and in natural creases to minimize visible scars. A male forehead lift can be performed in conjunction with other facial procedures such as blepharoplasty or male facelift procedures for overall facial rejuvenation.