Significant weight loss achieved through diet and exercise, or through bariatric (weight loss) surgery, is an impressive achievement. Unfortunately, drastic weight loss can leave behind loose hanging skin on various areas of the body. Post-weight loss cosmetic procedures can help improve the body’s appearance by eliminating this excess sagging skin, while lifting and smoothing the underlying support tissues. This will help reveal a smoother and more contoured silhouette.
Because each patient’s body reacts differently to drastic weight loss, every post-weight loss procedure is different. However, the surgery usually involves a combination of one or more specifically targeted elements listed below.
- a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) for the midsection
- a body lift for the lower abdomen, back, and/or hips and flanks
- an arm lift (or brachioplasty) for skin hanging from the upper arms
- a thigh lift to address excess skin around the upper and/or inner thighs
- a breast lift to restore sagging breasts to a higher, more youthful position
Furthermore, post weight loss surgery can also be combined with liposuction to remove isolated fat deposits that have resisted your weight loss efforts. During your plastic surgery consultation, your doctor will discuss your unique goals and expectations, selecting the best procedures to achieve the look you desire.
Frequently Asked Questions about Post Weight Loss Surgery
The physicians listed below perform post weight loss surgery, and you can also view our before and after post weight loss surgery gallery.